New Zealand Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
If you are a citizen of Argentina or Uruguay it is not necessary to obtain a visa if you plan to study for less than 3 months.
To study in New Zealand for longer than 3 months, all nationalities must apply for a Student Visa.
To apply for a student visa for New Zealand you need to provide the following:
- A completed, signed application form, can be downloaded from the New Zealand Immigration Service website.
- The Application fee
- Your Passport, which must be valid until at least 3 months past the date you plan to leave New Zealand
- A recent passport sized photo
An offer of a place at an educational institution in New Zealand, which must specify:
1. the name of the course
2. the minimum time required for completion
3. that the course is one which meets foreign student policy requirements
4. the cost for the full course, or the annual fee for the course if the course is longer than one year.
- A guarantee of accommodation, either from the Educational Provider, - or from some other person in New Zealand prepared to provide accommodation.
- Evidence of your financial support while in New Zealand. This may be a completed financial undertaking for student form, or evidence of US$3500 per year.
Receipt of payment for course fees or payment of the first year of study if the course of study is for more than one year.
The receipt must be from the Educational Provider in New Zealand.
Exchange students and scholarship students should provide a letter of confirmation instead of a receipt of payment.
- Evidence that you hold a return or outward airline ticket to a country you have right of entry for.
- XRAY certificate if your course is for 6 months or more. You can download the certificate from the NZIS website.
With effect from 27 November 2012, the New Zealand Embassy in Buenos Aires will no longer accept applications or issue New Zealand visas. The Embassy will not be able to provide advice on New Zealand visa and immigration requirements or accept payment for visas. Visa applications received and paid for prior to this date will, however, still be processed and issued by this Embassy.
From 27 November 2012 visa enquiries and applications for New Zealand visas should be sent to the New Zealand Visa Application Centre in Washington DC.
Contact details are:
Visa Application Centre Washington DC
Address: 1120 19th Street NW, Suite No. 415, Washington DC 20036
Phone: +1 202 223 3400
Fax: +1 202 223 3900
Office hours: 9.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday EDT
Call Centre hours: 9.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday EDT
For further information on Student Visas please go to this website http://www.immigration.govt.nz