New Zealand Embassy & Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium
To download application forms and for general information on New Zealand Immigration policy, visit The New Zealand Immigration Service website.
Applicants for a student visa must produce the following documents (note: a student visa/permit is not required if you are undertaking one or more courses of study or training in New Zealand that do not total more than three calendar months duration):
- a completed Application for a Student Visa form, together with a recent passport photograph and the fee of EUR 110 (€110). Please add EUR 5 (€5) for return postage. All payments are to be made in Euros payable to the New Zealand Embassy, Brussels.
- a valid passport (which must be valid for three months after your expected departure from New Zealand);
- evidence of funds for maintenance during your stay in New Zealand or evidence of sponsorship on the form Financial Undertaking for a Student;
- evidence of travel to and from New Zealand. (A complete itinerary is required to ensure your visa is issued for the correct period);
- an offer of a place at an educational institution, which includes:
- the name of the course and the minimum time required for completion;
- evidence that the course meets foreign student policy requirements;
- notification of the amount of the fee for the complete course or, where the course is longer than one year, the annual fee;
- whether the student does or does not have to pay course fees;
- evidence of payment of course fees or exemption from course fees (students studying under reciprocal exchange schemes approved by the Minister of Education are exempt from having to pay course fees);
- a guarantee of accommodation from either the institution or from some other person prepared to provide accommodation;
- if your stay is for more than 6 months, and you are from a country, area or territory not listed as a low incidence tuberculosis (TB) country (*see last page for list of low incidence TB countries), area or territory or you have spent more than a total of three months in the past five years in a country, area or territory not listed as a low incidence TB country, area or territory, you must complete a Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1007).
- if your stay is for more than 12 months you must:
- undergo a medical and x-ray examination; and
- meet character check requirements for applicants aged 17 years and over;
Please note, visa issued in accordance with fee paid (ie if fee paid for first year only, a 1-year visa will be issued even if 3-year course). It is therefore best to undergo medical examination in NZ when applying for student permit for final (eg going into third) year.
- if you are under 17 years old please enclose a written declaration from a parent or guardian in support of your visa application.
- FOR EXCHANGE SCHEME STUDENTS: please also provide proof that you are participating in an approved exchange scheme and that you will be in possession of medical and insurance cover during your stay in New Zealand.
Method of Payment
- Credit card payments are not accepted in Brussels.
- Cash or bank cheque drawn on BELGIAN bank.
- You may also pay the relevant fee via the New Zealand Immigration Service Bank Account. IBAN AND SWIFT (BIC) details as follows (ensuring you have the correct details in the first instance speeds up the process):
New Zealand Crown Revenue Account (NZIS)
Account number: 310-1873004-20
(For those outside Belgium)
International A/c Number (IBAN): BE28310187300420
SWIFT Code (BIC): BBRUBEBB
ING, Agence Ixelles
Place du Luxembourg
Rue d'Arlon 26
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Please ensure in the communications section that you state clearly:
- your NAME; and
- the TYPE OF VISA you are applying for
Please also ensure that the net amount of the cost of the visa arrives on this account (ie ALL charges are to be made to your account)
* The following countries, areas and territories are deemed for the purpose of Government immigration policy to be countries, areas and territories with a low incidence of tuberculosis:
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (including the Occupied Palestinian Territory, and including East Jerusalem), Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Lebanon, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Netherlands, (New Zealand), Norway, Oman, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicaos, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, United States Virgin Islands, Vatican City.