New Zealand Embassy & Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium
To download application forms and for general information on New Zealand Immigration policy, visit The New Zealand Immigration Service website.
In order to obtain a visitor’s visa the following documentation needs to be provided in support of your application:
- produce a completed Application for a Visitor’s Visa form, together with a recent passport photograph and the fee of EUR 75. In addition to the fee you must pay return postage of 5 EUR. All payments are to be made in Euros payable to the New Zealand Embassy, Brussels.
- Method of Payment (IMPORTANT)
- produce a valid passport or travel document (which must be valid for three months after your expected departure from New Zealand);
- produce evidence of funds for maintenance in New Zealand or evidence of sponsorship. This document must clearly state the applicant’s name (automatic bank teller printouts are not acceptable);
- produce evidence of travel to and from New Zealand. (A complete itinerary is required to ensure your visa is issued for the correct period.) Your travel out of New Zealand must be to a destination where you have the right of entry. If necessary, please enclose evidence of the right of entry to the country you will be visiting after New Zealand;
- if you are not a Belgian or Luxembourg citizen please include evidence of your residence status for the country in which you currently reside;
- if you are under 17 years old please enclose a written declaration from a parent or guardian in support of your visa application.
- if your stay is for more than 6 months, and you are from a country, area or territory NOT listed as a low incidence tuberculosis (TB) country (*see last page for list of low incidence TB countries), area or territory OR you have spent more than a total of three months in the past five years in a country, area or territory NOT listed as a low incidence TB country, area or territory, you must complete a Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1007).
- if you are applying to visit New Zealand from outside of New Zealand you are applying for a visa not a permit;
- please ensure you complete Character & Health details on PAGE 10 of the application form
- PLEASE SEND COPIES OF DOCUMENTS.
Method of Payment
- Credit card payments are not accepted in Brussels.
- Cash or bank cheque drawn on BELGIAN bank. Note - the principal applicant, spouse and dependent children under 20 applying together on the one application form pay one fee plus postage.
- You may also pay the relevant fee via the New Zealand Immigration Service Bank Account. IBAN AND SWIFT (BIC) details as follows (ensuring you have the correct details in the first instance speeds up the process):
New Zealand Crown Revenue Account (NZIS)
Account number: 310-1873004-20
(For those outside Belgium)
International A/c Number (IBAN): BE28310187300420
SWIFT Code (BIC): BBRUBEBB
Bank: ING, Agence Ixelles
Place du Luxembourg
Rue d'Arlon 26
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Please ensure in the communications section that you state clearly:
- Your NAME; and
- The Type of Visa you are applying for.
Please also ensure that the net amount of the cost of the visa arrives on this account (ie ALL charges are to be made to your account)
* The following countries, areas and territories are deemed for the purpose of Government immigration policy to be countries, areas and territories with a low incidence of tuberculosis:Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (including the Occupied Palestinian Territory, and including East Jerusalem), Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Lebanon, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Netherlands, (New Zealand), Norway, Oman, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicaos, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, United States Virgin Islands, Vatican City.