New Zealand Embassy & Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium
To download application forms and for general information on New Zealand Immigration policy, visit The New Zealand Immigration Service website.
Information for Applicants
To apply for a work visa applicants must:
- produce a completed Application for a Work Visa form, together with a recent passport photograph and the fee of EUR 110 (€110). Please add EUR 5 (€5) for return postage. All payments are to be made in Euros payable to the New Zealand Embassy, Brussels.
- produce a valid passport, which must be valid for three months after your expected departure from New Zealand.
- produce evidence of travel to, and if available, from New Zealand. Sponsorship guaranteeing your repatriation or proof that your New Zealand salary is sufficient to meet your own repatriation expenses can be accepted as evidence of your travel out of New Zealand. (Your full itinerary is required to ensure your visa is issued for the correct period.);
- have an offer of employment for which there is no suitably qualified and experienced New Zealand citizen or resident available. This must be supported by approval given by the New Zealand Immigration Service in New Zealand - your New Zealand employer should arrange this with the New Zealand Immigration Service. Your job offer must contain:
• name, address, telephone/fax number of your prospective employer
• name and address of the person to whom the job is offered
• a full job description including :
− the job title or designation
− type of work, duties and responsibilities
− details of pay and conditions of employment
− any qualifications, experience or training required
− duration (length) of the job
− how long the job offer is open
• evidence of qualifications and work references relevant to the job offered
• if required, evidence of New Zealand certification or registration from the appropriate registration authority
- if your stay is for more than 6 months, and you are from a country, area or territory not listed as a low incidence tuberculosis (TB) country (*see last page for list of low incidence TB countries), area or territory or you have spent more than a total of three months in the past five years in a country, area or territory not listed as a low incidence TB country, area or territory, you must complete a Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1007). if your stay is for more than 12 months you must:
• undergo a medical and x-ray examination, and
• meet character check requirements;
Method of Payment
- Credit card payments are not accepted in Brussels.
- Cash or bank cheque drawn on BELGIAN bank.
- You may also pay the relevant fee via the New Zealand Immigration Service Bank Account. IBAN AND SWIFT (BIC) details as follows (ensuring you have the correct details in the first instance speeds up the process):
New Zealand Crown Revenue Account (NZIS)
Account number: 310-1873004-20
(For those outside Belgium)
International A/c Number (IBAN): BE28310187300420
SWIFT Code (BIC): BBRUBEBB
ING, Agence Ixelles
Place du Luxembourg
Rue d'Arlon 26
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Please ensure in the communications section that you state clearly:
• Your NAME; and
• The TYPE OF VISA you are applying for
Please also ensure that the net amount of the cost of the visa arrives on this account (ie ALL charges are to be made to your account)
* The following countries, areas and territories are deemed for the purpose of Government immigration policy to be countries, areas and territories with a low incidence of tuberculosis: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (including the Occupied Palestinian Territory, and including East Jerusalem), Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Lebanon, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Netherlands, (New Zealand), Norway, Oman, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis,
Saint Lucia, San Marino, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicaos, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, United States Virgin Islands, Vatican City.