New Zealand Embassy & Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium

Information for Trainees

To download application forms and for general information on New Zealand Immigration policy, visit The New Zealand Immigration Service website.

Information on how to apply for a trainee work visa

Overseas students wishing to come to New Zealand to gain practical work experience (as a requirement of their studies) may apply for a work visa for a maximum of six months.

Applications for a period longer than six months will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Since 10 December 2012, visa applications can no longer be lodged with the New Zealand Embassy in Brussels, and instead must be sent to the New Zealand Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London.

The VAC charges a visa facilitation fee of GBP24.00 per application. This fee should be submitted with each application in addition to the relevant visa application fee. For payment methods, please refer to the VAC website.

Information regarding courier options for the return of passports and original documentation is also on this website.

All applications must be lodged by mail or in person to:

Visa Application Centre London

New Zealand Visa Application Centre

TT Visa Services Ltd
Burwood House
14-16 Caxton Street
London SW1H 0QY

Phone: +44 203 582 7499



Office hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm (UK time)

Call centre hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm (UK time)

Lodging your application
Please refer to the Visa Application Centre Website for information on how to lodge your visa application.

Did we do what we said we would do? Please email any feedback you may have to

Applications are only required from people who need a visa (e.g. student, work, transit, resident etc) to travel to New Zealand. Visitors from visa waiver countries, including Belgium, can continue to travel to New Zealand visa free under certain conditions.

For additional information on New Zealand visas, please visit the Immigration New Zealand website.

Immigration advisers

From 4 May 2010, all advisers providing advice about New Zealand immigration matters must be licensed unless they are exempt, no matter where in the world they provide that advice.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) will refuse to accept a visa application lodged on your behalf by an immigration adviser who is not licensed or exempt.

For further information visit the Immigration Advisers Authority website


Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2014-15

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

Remembering World War I
100 Years On

Be part of the first World War Centenary. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.