New Zealand Embassy & Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium
Information for Trainees
To download application forms and for general information on New Zealand Immigration policy, visit The New Zealand Immigration Service website.
Information on how to apply for a trainee work visa at the New Zealand Embassy in Brussels
Overseas students wishing to come to New Zealand to gain practical work experience (as a requirement of their studies) may apply for a work visa for a maximum of six months.
Applications for a period longer than six months will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for a work visa applicants must:
- produce a completed Application for a Work Visa form, together with a recent passport photograph and the fee of EUR 110 (€110). Please add EUR 5 (€5) for return postage. All payments are to be made in Euros payable to the New Zealand Embassy, Brussels.
- produce a valid passport or travel document (which must be valid for three months after your expected departure from New Zealand);
- produce evidence of funds for maintenance in New Zealand or evidence of sponsorship. This document must clearly state the applicant’s name (automatic bank teller printouts are not acceptable);
- produce evidence of travel to and from New Zealand. (A complete itinerary is required to ensure your visa is issued for the correct period.);
- produce evidence that you are a student in your home country;
- produce evidence that your visit to New Zealand is supported by your educational institution;
- produce evidence of an offer of practical experience from a New Zealand educational institution or a New Zealand employer.
- if your stay is for more than 6 months, and you are from a country, area or territory not listed as a low incidence tuberculosis (TB) country (*see last page for list of low incidence TB countries), area or territory or you have spent more than a total of three months in the past five years in a country, area or territory or listed as a low incidence TB country, area or territory, you must complete a Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1007).
Method of Payment
- Credit card payments are not accepted in Brussels.
- Cash or bank cheque drawn on BELGIAN bank.
- You may also pay the relevant fee via the New Zealand Immigration Service Bank Account. IBAN AND SWIFT (BIC) details as follows (ensuring you have the correct details in the first instance speeds up the process):
New Zealand Crown Revenue Account (NZIS)
Account number: 310-1873004-20
(For those outside Belgium)
International A/c Number (IBAN): BE28310187300420
SWIFT Code (BIC): BBRUBEBB
ING, Agence Ixelles
Place du Luxembourg
Rue d'Arlon 26
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Please ensure in the communications section that you state clearly:
- Your NAME; and
- The TYPE OF VISA you are applying for
Please also ensure that the net amount of the cost of the visa arrives on this account (ie ALL charges are to be made to your account)