New Zealand Embassy & Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium

Information on New Zealand driver licences

To find out what to do if :

  • you still have an older style licence;
  • you need to replace a lost or stolen New Zealand driver licence while you are overseas;
  • you need to obtain a Certificate of Particulars (this proves you are a licenced New Zealand driver and comes with a letter explaining legislative requirements);
  • you need to obtain an International Driving Permit;

please read Overseas Travel by New Zealand Driver Licence Holders : Factsheet 65.

For other enquiries, please e-mail Land Transport in New Zealand on .

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

Remembering World War I
100 Years On

Be part of the first World War Centenary. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.