New Zealand High Commission Ottawa, Canada
Canadian passport holders do not need to apply for a visitor's visa if they are visiting New Zealand for up to three months. However, you must:
- hold a valid return or outward ticket to a country you have the right of entry to
- be able to show you have sufficient money to support yourself during your stay (NZ$1000 per month)
- hold a passport valid for three months beyond the date you are leaving New Zealand
- only visit for the time granted on arrival
If you hold a passport from another country, check the list of countries with which New Zealand has a visa waiver.
If you do not hold a passport from a country with which New Zealand has a visa waiver or you intend to stay in New Zealand longer than the visa-free period, you will need to apply for a visitor's visa. The appropriate application form must be completed and forwarded to this office together with:
- The application fee
- A letter or statement from your bank confirming the amount of money you have on deposit with that institution
- A copy of your travel itinerary
- Your passport (not a copy)and evidence of your immigration status in Canada
- A priority post envelope
The Application for visiting New Zealand and other information leaflets are available from Immigration New Zealand.