New Zealand Embassy Santiago, Chile
Working Holiday scheme Visa for Peru
Each year, 100 places are available under this scheme allowing young citizens of Peru to stay in New Zealand for up to 12 months. The scheme runs from August each year.
To be eligible
- have a passport from Peru that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
- not bring children with you
- hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here, if you produce evidence that you hold an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) level 5 or over in speaking and in one of the other three skills areas, or
- have a minimum of NZ$7,000 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here if you do not meet the English language requirement above
- provide evidence, verified by the Peru Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that you have completed a minimum of three years’ full-time study towards a tertiary qualification
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
- not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.
- *You must hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.
- Health requirements: You will need to meet our health requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand.
- Character requirements:You will need to meet our character requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand.
When you are here
- you must not take up permanent employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work visa while you’re here)
- you must not work for the same employer for more than three months
- you can enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to three months’ duration in total during your visit.