New Zealand Embassy Santiago, Chile
Chilean driver licence
If you intend to stay in Chile for more than 3 months, you will require a Chilean driver licence. Below is the process for applying at Las Condes Municipality in Santiago. The application process outside Santiago is similar to that outlined below. You can also apply at any municipality transport office outside Santiago.
Departamento de Transito, Presidente Riesco 5296, Las Condes, (Tel 270 6363)
- Apply in person
- Provide NZ passport and your Chilean ID (plus 2 photocopies of each)
- Provide valid NZ driver licence or International licence (plus photocopies)
- Photos are taken by issuing authority. The cost is included in the fee
- Complete the application form and sign it.
- You may be required to take a driving examination e.g. practical, theory and undergo a test of reflexes and eyesight