New Zealand Embassy Santiago, Chile
Chilean Working Holiday Scheme: application process 2011/2012 is closed
The WHS for 2011/12 is closed. 1000 applications are currently being processed, but this does not mean that they will all be approved, and there may be opportunities further ahead to receive further applications. In the meantime, we suggest that you keep checking the website www.immigration.govt.nz from time to time. We will put a message on this website once all the places are taken.
Please do not call the Embassy to find out the outcome of your application, because this is an online application and the decisions are made in New Zealand. You will receive the response to your application in 10- 30 days period by email.
To be eligible you must:
- have a Chilean passport that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- be at least 18 and not more than 35 years old
- not bring children with you
- hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you’re here
- meet our health and character requirements
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
- not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.
- Health requirements: You will need to meet our health requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand.
- Character requirements: You will need to meet our character requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand.
*You are required to hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.
Once you are in New Zealand
- you must not take up permanent employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work visa while you’re here)
- you must not work for the same employer for more than six months
- you can enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to six months’ duration in total during your visit.
For more information about this visa and the requirements, please visit http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/