New Zealand Embassy Beijing, China
RESEARCH ASSISTANT AND INTERPRETER POSITION - NEW ZEALAND EMBASSY, BEIJING
The New Zealand Embassy in Beijing is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to join its team as a Research Officer/Interpreter. This position will work as part of the Primary Industries team.
This is a new permanent locally-employed staff (LES) position beginning as soon as possible. If not based in Beijing the successful applicant will be required to pay their own return travel costs to Beijing. All accommodation, medical, taxation and other costs associated with living in China will be a personal responsibility.
- Provide accurate two-way interpretation (Chinese/English and English/Chinese) at official meetings and functions.
- Provide accurate translation of official correspondence, other documents, and media articles.
- Develop and maintain relationships with governmental and non-governmental organisations, particularly those organisations focused on food safety, agriculture and related market access and policy issues.
- Support Embassy staff as required on official calls and travel, including logistical arrangements and preparation of briefings and reports.
- Accompany official Chinese delegations to New Zealand to provide interpretation and logistical assistance as required.
- Assist with arranging programmes for official visits and meetings for New Zealand officials visiting China.
- Monitor, analyse and report on China’s agriculture, food safety, market access developments and related policy and trade policy issues in China.
Applications must include a covering letter, a curriculum vitae (resume) and a self-assessment against the following selection criteria:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification
- High degree of oral and written proficiency in both Mandarin Chinese (preferably a native speaker) and English.
- Familiar with the working environment in China, ideally related agriculture, food safety, and market access work, especially with the Chinese government system and agencies relevant to the agriculture and food sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Well organised. Able to work independently and manage workloads to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
- Shows initiative. Able to independently progress work on delegated tasks.
- Displays personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach
- Developed computer skills (particularly MS Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Knowledge or experience of New Zealand an advantage.
RESEARCH OFFICER VACANCY
New Zealand Embassy, Beijing
3 Sanlitun Dongsanjie
Applications close at 5.00pm (Beijing time) Friday 19 June 2015. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST) - NEW ZEALAND TRADE AND ENTERPRISE SHANGHAI