New Zealand Embassy Beijing, China
IMMIGRATION OFFICERS - IMMIGRATION NEW ZEALAND BEIJING BRANCH
Fixed term positions till 30th December 2016
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) ensures that New Zealand has the right mix of skilled workers as part of achieving the MBIE goal of helping lift productivity. With over 1,000 people, we identify the country’s labour force and skill needs, manage the immigration process and provide support and policy advice for the government’s employment, skills and immigration initiatives.
INZ Beijing Branch invites applications from candidates who operate with integrity in all transactions and have a broad educational background with some tertiary study.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- the ability to manage fluctuating workloads and work to tight deadlines
- excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- experience in excellent customer service and working within a team
- ability to interpret legislation, procedural and immigration instruction guidelines, and frame clear assessments and conclusions
- experience in working with all people of differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities
- knowledge of the principles of fairness and natural justice
- experience in assessing and analysing documentary evidence, including exercising sound judgement
The applicant must have the ability to work in China. The remuneration range is RMB 125,500 to 188,250 per annum. Any relocation or accommodation costs will be at the successful applicant’s expense.
Applications close at 5:00 pm Beijing time, Monday, 14th December 2015.
All applications must include your CV and a cover letter of no more than 250 words which describes how your skills and experience relate to the key capabilities of the position. Please send your application to Vivian Yu, Immigration Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW ZEALAND EMBASSY BEIJING - FINANCE OFFICER VACANCY
Short-term Assignment of six months
The New Zealand Embassy in Beijing is looking for a Finance Officer for a six month temporary assignment from January to June 2016.
- Undertake day-to-day accounting functions for the Embassy.
- Manage the Financial Management System entries, generate payment/revenue summaries and maintain the financial database.
- Manage all end of month financial procedures, including monthly bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for all financial reporting to Embassy management.
- Provide support in the general administration services within the Embassy.
Applications must include a covering letter and a curriculum vitae against the following selection criteria:
- Experience in financial and accounting work in a bilingual environment.
- High degree of oral and written proficiency in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Previous work experience in an Embassy environment preferred but not essential.
- Well organised. Able to work independently and manage workloads to achieve objectives.
- Shows initiative and enthusiasm. Able to independently progress work on delegated tasks.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively with other team members, flexible and adaptable.
- Be a person of good character
- Developed computer skills (particularly financial and accounting systems).
Please complete your application in English and submit to the Embassy by Wednesday 26 November 2015, via email to email@example.com