New Zealand Embassy Beijing, China
Public Affairs Advisor, New Zealand Embassy, Beijing
Use your excellent communications skills and understanding of China to make a difference for New Zealand.
The New Zealand Embassy in Beijing is looking for a qualified and experienced Public Affairs Advisor to work for the Embassy’s public affairs office.
This role provides specialist communications expertise for the New Zealand Embassy in Beijing, and the network of New Zealand posts in China.
In this role you will:
- Report to the Public Affairs Manager at the New Zealand Embassy
- Monitor media, identify trends and escalate issues as required
- Implement communications plans and operate in line with the communications strategies of the Embassy
- Provide high quality, expert results-oriented communications support and advice to the Embassy
- Write articles for the Web, intranet and other channels to communicate key initiatives.
- Support and develop content for the Embassy’s social media presence
You will have:
- A Communications based or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- High level of translations skills between English and Chinese
- Ability to write with flair in Chinese
- Excellent organisational skills, and experience in developing executive media programmes
- Knowledge of social media platforms and practices, including the social media environment in China
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and analysing media reports including social media
- A good understanding of the operating environment for New Zealand’s representation in China
Please complete your application in English. Applications should include a CV and a covering letter.
If the successful applicant is not currently living in Beijing they will be required to cover their own relocation costs. All accommodation, medical, taxation and other costs associated with living in China will be a personal responsibility of the successful applicant.
Please submit by email to:
PUBLIC AFFAIRS ADVISOR VACANCY
New Zealand Embassy, Beijing
3 Sanlitun Dongsanjie
Applications close 21 April. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.