New Zealand Embassy Beijing, China
Public Affairs Manager for the New Zealand Embassy in Beijing
Use your excellent communications skills and understanding of China to make a difference for New Zealand.
The New Zealand Embassy in Beijing is looking for a highly qualified and experienced Public Affairs Manager to lead the Embassy’s public affairs programme.
This permanent role provides specialist communications expertise for the New Zealand Embassy in Beijing, and the network of New Zealand posts in China. The successful candidate must be fluent in written and spoken Chinese and English. The role manages the work of the Public Affairs Adviser, Beijing Embassy.
In this influential role you will:
- Operate as the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s lead communications specialist in China
- Provide specialist communications advice to the Ambassador and senior officials
- Develop communications and public affairs strategies for the Embassy
- Coordinate with New Zealand government agencies in China on communications work
- Manage the work of locally-engaged public relations and communications agencies
You will have:
- A Communications based or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Significant communications experience at a senior level
- Proven experience in delivering on communications strategies in China
- Strategic awareness and the ability to work in complex settings
- Credibility and the ability to earn trust at the highest level
- Drive and resilience to lead ambitious work programmes and see them through to delivery
- An understanding of China and New Zealand and a proven ability to identify and leverage opportunities
Please complete your application in English. Applications should include a CV and a covering letter.
If the successful applicant is not currently living in Beijing they will be required to cover their own relocation costs. All accommodation, medical, taxation and other costs associated with living in China will be a personal responsibility of the successful applicant.
Please submit by email to:
PUBLIC AFFAIRS MANAGER VACANCY
New Zealand Embassy, Beijing
3 Sanlitun Dongsanjie
Applications close Monday 2 December. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, with interviews to be held in the week of 9 December.