New Zealand Embassy Beijing, China
Business Development Manager - Beijing
- Excited by the chance to unleash the potential of New Zealand businesses in China?
- Experienced in the Chinese food and beverage sector and have a talent for identifying and creating then maximising market opportunities for international businesses?
- Strength in developing and nurturing key relationships within the food & beverage sector in China?
- Understand the complexities and realities of the supply chain for food & beverage in China?
- Experience in promotion and brand building in China?
Based in our Beijing office, your key accountability will be to develop market opportunities for New Zealand businesses operating in the Food and Beverage sector and to assist those businesses to enter, establish, and grow in the market. You will be energised by the ability to evaluate the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of the businesses in this market, how we stack up against the competition and reshape strategies and business models accordingly. It is expected that you will lead the development & strategy for key food & beverage sectors including seafood, wine and meat.
You'll be fantastic at building relationships globally to ensure you are aligned and working in sync with our New Zealand and globally based teams. In return you'll join an organisation that is passionate about growing New Zealand, work within a lively team environment with focused and experienced leadership.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Proven experience at creating and implementing successful business development strategies within China;
- Demonstrated ability to transform quantitative and qualitative market research into business intelligence, advice and strategic insight and present such information to senior managers;
- Previous experience in managing complex and high profile projects;
- A relevant degree with at least five years' commercial experience in an English speaking organisation with in depth experience working in China;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Superior relationship-building & networking skills and ability.
This is a locally engaged position and you will need to be able to work in China. Relocation benefits will not be applicable. For more information about this position, please read the position description.
Applications are open until 5pm (China time) Friday 17th May 2013.
Please submit your application through: https://careers.nzte.govt.nz/jobdetails;jsessionid=707F3C081232CC68AD8C25779C52F231?ajid=AEfm7