New Zealand Embassy Cairo, Egypt

Passports for children born overseas

Before a child born outside New Zealand to one or more New Zealand parents can get a New Zealand passport, the child must be registered as a New Zealand Citizen by Descent.

It is possible to apply for New Zealand Citizenship by Descent and a New Zealand passport simultaneously. In this case, the applications should be posted together to the Citizenship Office.

For information on registering your child as a New Zealand Citizen by Descent, please visit the Citizenship Office.

Please visit the Passports Office website for information on applying for a New Zealand passport, including the applicable fees. Application forms can be downloaded from the website.

If you have any questions about passports, please email the Department of Internal Affairs, or contact their London office:

Department of Internal Affairs (Passports Office)
New Zealand High Commission
New Zealand House
80 Haymarket
London SW1Y 4TQ
Tel: +44 20 7930 8422

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.