New Zealand Embassy Cairo, Egypt

Reporting lost or stolen passports

A lost or stolen passport must be reported to the local police, the New Zealand Passports Office or the nearest New Zealand Embassy.

A Lost or Stolen Passport Declaration Form needs to be completed and forwarded, together with a copy of the police report, to the Passport Office or the New Zealand Embassy (who can pass the information to the Passports Office). This form can be downloaded from the Passport Office, which also has the contact details of Passports Offices.

If you are applying for a replacement passport the Lost and Stolen Passport Declaration is included in the passport application form.


If you have reported a passport lost or stolen to the Passports Office or the New Zealand Embassy, and the passport is then found, you should not attempt to use the passport to travel because it will have been cancelled.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.