New Zealand High Commission Suva, Fiji
Job Vacancy - Maintenance Officer
The New Zealand High Commission is seeking an experienced and skilled Maintenance Officer to provide essential property maintenance and gardening services across the New Zealand High Commission property portfolio. This will include attending to maintenance issues, back-up gardening services, contribution to maintenance planning, coordination with local service providers and with the High Commission Property team.
- Attend to post maintenance and complete repairs across the High Commission property portfolio as required
- Work with the Property & Services Manager to arrange and ensure a regular schedule of post maintenance at times where possible, that does not conflict with post needs or residents
- Assist with obtaining quotes for maintenance/repair work
- Provide gardening services as required
- Assist Property & Services Manager to maintain property inventories, including a tools inventory
- Arrange access to properties and supervise contractors and visitors where required
You must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Recognised trade or advanced trade qualification in relevant building discipline
- Skills in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, steel/wood work, painting and decorating, and/or joinery
- Demonstrated practical experience working in property maintenance (3-5 years or more)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and work within a team and ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in both English, and Fijian and or Hind languages)
- Proven computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively, work under pressure, problem solve and be solutions focused
- Hold a current, clean driver’s licence and ability to drive manual and auto transmissions to be able to drive post vehicles (as required) safely in local conditions.
Applicants should submit their CV with cover letter to the New Zealand High Commission by 12 pm 28 October 2015
Please refer below to the attachment for the job description.
|SUVA Maintenance Officer position description October 2015.doc|