New Zealand Embassy Berlin, Germany

Fact Sheet - Change to receiving office for visas in Berlin, Germany

From 28 February 2013, all visa applications from German residents should be sent to the Immigration New Zealand Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Hamburg.

Applications may also be submitted to the Hamburg VAC in person.

Contact details

New Zealand Visa Application Centre
TT Visa Services Ltd.
Regus Business Center, Office no. 543
Stadthausbruecke 1-3
Fleethof, Hamburg- 20355

Phone:+49 40 874 08 255

Office hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm CET

London call centre hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm GMT


The VAC will charge a visa service fee of €23 per application. The visa service fee, along with the relevant visa application fee, will be charged to your credit or debit card.

How can fees be paid?
All fees are to be paid in Euros.

Methods of Payment: Credit card and debit card 

Questions and answers

How quickly will my visa be processed?

To assist a timely decision on your visa application, please ensure that you submit all required documentation. Upon receipt of your completed application, we will endeavour to decide your application within 10 working days. Your case officer will contact you if these timeframes are unable to be met or further information is required in order to make a decision on your application. You should not make irreversible travel arrangements until your visa has been approved.

Can I call/email someone about the application process?

Yes. A dedicated call centre is available to support applicants. The call centre is based in London and can provide services in German. It will respond to telephone and email enquiries about the application process.

How do I obtain visa application forms?

All visa application forms can be downloaded from our website Alternatively, if requested, the VAC can email application forms to you.

Can the VAC provide help with filling in my form? Will I need to pay for that help?

Yes, the VAC can help you to fill in your form. This service is covered by the visa service fee.

Do the staff at the visa application centre make the decision on my visa application?

No, the staff at the VAC provide visa administration services only. They cannot provide immigration advice and have no influence over the outcome of an application for a New Zealand visa; this can only be decided by an INZ officer.

Will I be able to contact an INZ officer directly?

We will provide you with your immigration officer’s direct dial number and/or email address when we acknowledge your application. You will be able to contact the immigration officer at any time during regular office hours.

How can I check on the progress of my application?

Once you have submitted an application to the visa application centre you will be able to track your application by logging onto the TTS website. You will need to enter your passport and date of birth or receipt number to track your application.

What is the best (quickest and safest) way to send applications to Hamburg?

You choose how to send your visa application and supporting documents to the visa application centre. You should check on the mail/courier services (timeframes and additional security options) with local providers.

How do I pay for the return postage of my passport?

The VAC will arrange secure courier return of your documents to you. There are special courier rates available for the return of passports. Please refer to the TTS website  for further information on courier options.

Alternatively you can pick up your documents from the VAC.

What happens if a visa application is incomplete or incorrect when it reaches the visa application centre?

The VAC will check that you have provided all the required information before your application is forwarded to INZ in London. If your application is incomplete or incorrect the staff at the VAC will contact you to obtain the missing information.

What about visa applications already in progress?

There is no need to do anything. Your application will be processed and you will be contacted once a decision is made. Contact your immigration officer if you have any queries.

As I’m from Germany, I can travel to New Zealand without applying for a visitor visa prior to departure. Can I travel to New Zealand as a visitor and apply for my student visa when I get there?

You can study in New Zealand through the visa waiver scheme for up to three months. If you intend to study in New Zealand on a course that is longer than 3 calendar months, you must apply for a student visa before you leave home.

Why can’t I apply for my student visa online?

INZ is working on a new global information management system that will enable visas to be applied for online. Online student visa applications are currently scheduled to be available from late 2013. 

Where can I get more information?

For information on New Zealand visas please visit

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.