New Zealand Embassy Berlin, Germany
NZ announces literary and cultural programme for the Frankfurt Book Fair 2012
At a press conference in Frankfurt on Monday 18th June, New Zealand launched its programme as the 2012 guest country of honour at the Frankfurt Book Fair (10-14 October). A multifaceted programme of literary, cultural, culinary and social events will take place both prior to and during the fair. The New Zealand pavilion will be one of the most spectacular features of the fair.
Watch out for:
• Museum Riverside Festival, 24-26 August, Frankfurt
• NZ literary programme
• NZ Music Showcase, 23 August, Frankfurt Batschkapp
• Exhibitions by New Zealand artists
• Theatre and Dance performances
• NZ touring Film Festival, 25 August – 7 October, Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Stuttgart and Frankfurt
• Renovation and re-opening of the wharenui Rauru, 7 October, Hamburg
• NZ wine & food festival “New Zealand is Cooking”, 9-13 October, Frankfurt
• Rugby: the annual Ambassador’s cup game between the German National team and New Zealand select 15, Saturday October 13
More detailed information about all these events and New Zealand’s guest of honour year, can be found on the NZ @Frankfurt website.
Further information about the June 18 press conference can also be found here.
On 31 July at a press conference at the “Museum für Weltkulturen” in Frankfurt, New Zealand announces its programme for the August Museum Riverside Festival.