New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong
Executive Assistant/Consular Adviser
New Zealander? Seeking a new and challenging career? Is team work important to you? Want to give back to your home country?
The New Zealand Consulate-General in Hong Kong is offering a rare opportunity for a high calibre individual to join its close knit and dedicated team as an Executive Assistant/Consular Adviser.
The role of Executive Assistant / Consular Adviser is a critical one. Key responsibilities include providing personal assistant support directly to the Consul-General, managing and owning the Consulate’s visits and events programme and overseeing corporate administration functions to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office. The position will also have shared responsibility for the provision of consular advice and assistance to New Zealanders in need in Hong Kong and Macao.
The successful applicant will also support the Consulate’s work in furthering New Zealand’s political and economic prosperity in Hong Kong through:
- building, fostering and maintaining key relationships with government officials and contacts in the local business community
- managing the logistical and operational aspects of official visits and events including the preparing of visit programmes, guest lists, invitations, run sheets, maintaining contact databases and diarisation of appointments
This is a locally employed position, with terms and conditions being set in accordance with local employment requirements. We welcome applications from outside of Hong Kong but assistance with accommodation or airfares is unfortunately not available and relocation to Hong Kong will be undertaken at the expense of the successful applicant.
Candidates should have demonstrable experience and expertise in the following:
- Five to six years’ proven experience in a secretarial or administration support role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under tight deadlines
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Possess a strong achievement/delivery focus and sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly adaptable and able to work across multi-disciplined areas of work
- Ability to work cooperatively and supportively in a team environment
It is a pre-requisite for appointment that the successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a New Zealand Government security clearance.
A copy of the position description and an application form for this vacancy are attached. Please send your curriculum vitae, a completed application form with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: For the attention of the Administration Manager (phone enquiries: 2525 5049). Applications must be received by Wednesday 26 March 2014. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews, which are expected to take place in the first week of April 2014.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade carries a list of all job vacancies in Wellington and at its overseas posts.
|Executive Assistant Position Description Feb 2014.pdf|
|Application Form for Executive Assistant_Consular Adviser.docx|