New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong
Job Vacancy: Team Administrator (Finance & Property)
Application closing date - Monday 27 October 2014
Are you an experienced Financial Administrator looking for a new challenge? Do you thrive on building relationships and delivering through others?
The New Zealand Consulate-General in Hong Kong is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its dedicated team as a Team Administrator (Finance & Property).
The Team Administrator (Finance & Property) is responsible for day to day financial functions, financial reporting, and for property and contract management.
In this position, you will prepare invoices for payment authorisation, receipt monies and generate associated entries in our financial management information system. You will undertake end of month financial procedures including the monthly bank reconciliation, and analyse expenditure patterns. You will compile and complete preliminary drafts of the annual post budget, review of allocations, out-turn and end of financial year returns. You will also maintain the Consulate’s asset register and ensure that regular inventory checks are carried out. You will also undertake regular liaison with Consulate contractors, to monitor contract compliance and to ensure contracts are current.
This is a locally employed position, with terms and conditions being set in accordance with Hong Kong employment requirements. We offer:
- Negotiable, up to an annual salary of HKD 300,000
- 5 day work week (office hours: 8.30am – 5.05 pm)
- 15 days' annual leave, increased to 20 days after 5 years of continuous service
- Medical benefits
Candidates must have the right to work in Hong Kong, and should have the following qualities and experience:
- Proven experience in a business administration role with a focus on financial management and reporting
- Proven numeracy and basic analytical skills
- Strong understanding of IT systems, especially Microsoft Office applications, document backup and security
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in following through tasks a must
- Fluent spoken and written English and Cantonese, with the ability to communicate effectively with Consulate staff, visiting officials, suppliers and contractors
- Should be trustworthy with good interpersonal skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to work autonomously and within guidelines, demonstrating the use of sound judgment
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including openness to change
- Relevant experience in the CitiDirect online banking platform as a maker, HR administration and/or asset management is a bonus (training will be provided)
An application form and a copy of the position description for this vacancy are attached (click here if you wish to download the application form in Microsoft Word format). Please send your curriculum vitae, a completed application form and your last salary by email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject: For the attention of the Administration Manager. Applications must be received by Monday 27 October 2014. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
All Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and will be treated in strict confidence.