New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong
Consulate-General services for New Zealanders
This section provides details of passport and consular services provided by the Consulate-General and essential information for New Zealanders undertaking a short- or long-term stay in Hong Kong. If you require further information please contact us at +(852) 2525 5044.
Assistance which may be provided for New Zealand citizens in Hong Kong includes the following:
- General advice and assistance in cases involving lost personal property, hospitalisation, repatriation, arrest and detention, and evacuation.
- General advice and referrals for local funeral arrangements, or for remains to be returned to New Zealand, in cases where New Zealand citizens die abroad and there are no relatives or friends on hand to take responsibility.
- Assistance with affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations, verification (authentication) of documents, service of legal documents and wills. These services will incur fees, and are available by appointment only.
- Keeping records of citizens residing in Hong Kong.
- Issuing of Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) in emergency situations only (does not apply to first time passports).
- Answering enquiries about citizenship by descent applications, which should be sent by the applicants directly to the Citizenship Office in Wellington for processing.
- Provision of overseas voting facilities for New Zealand citizens in Hong Kong during New Zealand parliamentary elections, or referendums.