New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong

Overseas Visitors to China: Visa Issuing Procedures

  • New Zealanders are advised to apply for their visa to China in the country they are ordinarily resident. (If you live in New Zealand, you should obtain your visa before you leave.)
  • Business visitors (F-visa) should also note that, in addition to providing passport, passport photos and completed application forms, you will need to provide:
    (i) A Visa Notification Form issued by the relevant department of Chinese government or a government- authorised company;
    (ii) A copy of your Chinese hotel booking; and
    (iii) A copy of your return flight ticket booking.
  • To obtain a "Visa Notification Form" we recommend that business travellers liase with their colleagues in mainland China who will need to obtain the Form from the relevant Chinese Government department on their behalf. The required forms cannot be obtained outside mainland China. 

Additional information on visas for travel to China can be found at the following links:

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.