New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong
Overseas Visitors to China: Visa Issuing Procedures
- New Zealanders are advised to apply for their visa to China in the country they are ordinarily resident. (If you live in New Zealand, you should obtain your visa before you leave.)
- Business visitors (F-visa) should also note that, in addition to providing passport, passport photos and completed application forms, you will need to provide:
(i) A Visa Notification Form issued by the relevant department of Chinese government or a government- authorised company;
(ii) A copy of your Chinese hotel booking; and
(iii) A copy of your return flight ticket booking.
- To obtain a "Visa Notification Form" we recommend that business travellers liase with their colleagues in mainland China who will need to obtain the Form from the relevant Chinese Government department on their behalf. The required forms cannot be obtained outside mainland China.
Additional information on visas for travel to China can be found at the following links:
- The Embassy of the People's Republic of China in New Zealand
- The Commissioner's Office of the People's Republic of China's Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region