New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong
New Zealand General Election
The New Zealand General Election will be held on Saturday 20 September 2014.
Who can enrol and vote
You are eligible to enrol and vote if you:
- are 18 years or older, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life, and
- are a New Zealand citizen who has been in New Zealand at any point in the past three years, or
- are a permanent resident of New Zealand who has been in New Zealand at any point in the past 12 months.
(NB: There are exceptions to these time limits for certain people and their families, such as members of the New Zealand Defence Force or New Zealand diplomats or trade representatives.)
How to Enrol
- You can scan or photograph your voting papers and upload them to the Electoral Commission’s website at www.elections.org.nz no later than 7pm (NZ time) on Election Day.
- Fax your voting papers to the Electoral Commission (+64 4 494 2300) no later than 7pm on Election Day.
- Post or courier voting papers to the Electoral Commission, PO Box 3220, Wellington. Voting papers returned to the Electoral Commission in Wellington must be postmarked no later than 18 September and received no later than 12 noon Wednesday 24 September.
- Deliver your voting papers to an overseas post no later than 4pm (local time) Friday 19 September (some posts may close earlier so please check with your nearest post for their closing time).