New Zealand Consulate-General Hong Kong
Overseas Voting in the 2014 General Election in Hong Kong
The date of the 2014 General Election is Saturday 20 September.
Enrolment Deadline (for all voters):
- Friday 19 September
Overseas Voting at the Consulate-General in Hong Kong:
- 3 - 19 September (except 9 September, public holiday - the day following the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival)
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (except for 19 September, for which the voting hours will be 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, local Hong Kong time)
Three Voting Deadlines (for voters living outside of New Zealand):
For those who choose to submit their voting papers to the Consulate-General in Hong Kong in person:
- 4:00 pm (local Hong Kong time), Friday 19 September
For those who choose to fax their voting papers directly to the Electoral Commission (at +64 4 494 2300); and those who submit the voting papers online to the Electoral Commission’s website:
- 7:00 pm (New Zealand time) on Election Day, 20 September
For those who post or courier voting papers to the Electoral Commission, PO Box 3220, Wellington, New Zealand:
- Voting papers returned to the Electoral Commission in Wellington must be postmarked no later than 18 September and received no later than 12 noon Wednesday 24 September (New Zealand time)
For detailed information on who can enrol and vote, and how to enrol and vote, please refer to the news item "New Zealand General Election".
If you have any further questions about enrolling or voting from overseas, please email the Electoral Commission or call (from outside of New Zealand) +64 9 909 4182.