New Zealand Embassy Tehran, Iran

Lost or Stolen Passport?

If your Passport is lost or stolen, the first thing you should do is notify local police and obtain a police report. You will need this police report when you deal with the Iranian government in obtaining permission to leave Iran (exit visa) and also in applying for a new Passport.

You should then notify the Embassy. We will give you advice on what steps need to be taken, including cancelling your old Passport and obtaining a new Passport. As a start you will have to submit a declaration about your lost or stolen Passport. Declarations for lost passports can be found on the Department of Internal Affairs website [external link].

Once we've discussed your circumstances we'll advise whether you should apply for an Emergency Travel Document (issued by the Embassy) or a new Passport (issued by the Passports Office in New Zealand).

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.