New Zealand Embassy Tehran, Iran
Safe Travel is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade website designed for New Zealanders who are travelling or living overseas. You will find:
- travel advisories for specific destinations, with up-to-date information on security risks
- news features
- traveller’s checklist to help you plan your journey
- registration facility where you can log your travel plans in case you need to be contacted in an emergency
- Travelling with children
Safe Travel matters
Tens of thousands of New Zealanders travel overseas every year. It’s a diverse and exciting world out there. But it’s not always sun, fun and photos while you’re travelling. Sometimes things can go wrong.
Your best-laid plans can be upset by any number of problems. Theft, accident or illness can affect you or those with you. Even losing or damaging your passport can spoil your trip. You might also get caught up in civil unrest, natural disasters or even acts of terrorism.
Some problems are impossible to foresee or avoid. But by planning ahead and arming yourself with the right information, you can reduce the risks you might encounter overseas.
Let us know you are in Iran
The New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade offers an online registration service for New Zealanders visiting or residing in a foreign country. The details you provide when you register will help us to contact you in an emergency (e.g. natural disaster, civil disturbance, family emergency etc.), or to pass on information that we wish to alert you about.
Who should register?
- New Zealanders travelling to Iran, Afghanistan or Pakistan whether as tourists, for business or for short or long stays
- New Zealanders living in Iran, Afghanistan or Pakistan
Who can register?
The registration service is intended for New Zealand citizens travelling on New Zealand passports. We accept registrations from:
- all New Zealand citizens regardless of the travel documentation
- long-term permanent residents of New Zealand
- non-New Zealand children of New Zealand citizens