New Zealand Embassy, Moscow, Russian Federation
Applying for a Transit Visa
If you are transiting New Zealand either going to or coming from any Pacific Island destination, and would need a visa to visit New Zealand, you need to apply for a Transit Visa.
Applicants should send their completed visa application forms to the NZ Embassy in Rome. The visa office is open to the public from 9-12 Mon to Fri and you must send:
- A completed signed transit visa application form
- The fees – the cost of processing a transit visa is Euro 70 to be paid only by a bank draft made out to New Zealand Embassy (in Italy this is an “assegno circolare") or in person by cash (please do not send cash through the post). Credit cards, postal orders and personal cheques are not accepted. If you do not plan to collect your documents in person, you must also send a second bank draft, for the cost of the courier to return your documents, of Euro 22 for within Italy, Euro 30 for the other European countries and Euro 35 for outside Europe
- A valid passport or travel document for each person included in the application (valid for at least 3 months beyond the date you plan to leave New Zealand)
- A recent passport sized photograph of each person included in the application attached to the application form
- Travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements relevant to the journey to which the applicant relates
- A confirmed travel itinerary including relevant arrival and departure times
- A statement of the purpose of the journey to the country of destination
- Any other documents which the applicant considers demonstrate that he or she is a bona fide transit passenger
With a transit visa, you may not leave the transit area of the airport of arrival in New Zealand, or apply for any type of permit to be in New Zealand. You may only stay in the transit area a maximum of 24 hours.
People who intend to make a stopover for longer than 24 hours, or who intend leaving the airport secure area, should apply for a visitor visa.
Residents of Bosnia-Herzegovina should send their completed visa application forms to Immigration NZ in the Hague.
Residents of Croatia should send their completed visa application forms to Immigration NZ in London.
Have an immigration query? Click here to ask your question or call +64 9 914 4100 (operator available 7 am to 7 pm (New Zealand time) Monday to Friday, excluding most New Zealand public holidays - standard overseas call charges apply).