New Zealand Embassy Rome, Italy

Translations and Apostille

Sometimes a foreign authority will request a translation of an official government document or certificate. You can request a full translation by applying to the Department of Internal Affairs Translation Service.

For countries recognising apostille, documents/certificates will also need to be authenicated. Apostille should be requested from the Department of Internal Affairs. Most European countries adhere to the Hague Convention of Apostille.

The Department of Internal Affairs website also contains some useful information on authenification of documents.

Remember to include authority to pay for a courier from your credit card when requesting documentation from the Department of Internal Affairs.

If local authorities require it and because of processing times, the New Zealand Embassy may, on your behalf, provide a letter to local authorities that you have sought the documents they require while you are obtaining them in New Zealand.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

Remembering World War I
100 Years On

Be part of the first World War Centenary. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.