New Zealand Embassy Seoul, South Korea
For further information, please visit the Department of Internal Affairs passports website.
To apply for a replacement passport
With effect from 26 October 2004, New Zealand Embassies, High Commissions, and Consulates will no longer issue full validity manual passports. All passport applications for New Zealand passports will have to be forwarded to the nearest Department of Internal Affairs issuing office by the applicant or by the New Zealand Embassy. The issuing offices are located in New Zealand, Sydney or London.
Further details and application forms are available on the Internet at Department of Internal Affairs.
To apply for an Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
In limited emergency situations an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) can be issued to a New Zealand citizen whose previous New Zealand passport has expired, been lost or stolen and where they are unable to obtain a possport from Identity Services. This could be due to the urgency of travel, time constraints or systems unavailability. ETD's can only be issued for a period of up to twelve months.
You will need to have:
- A correctly completed ETD application form. The forms are available from the Embassy or the Department of Internal Affairs website. Embassy contact details.
Two passport sized photographs - write your full name and the date on the back of one photo
Original copy of the police report,
in case a passport has been lost/stolen.
- Two forms of identification are required. One must contain a photo. The identification documents may include a New Zealand birth certificate, New Zealand citizenship certificate or New Zealand driver's license.
- ETD Application Fee (see below)
- A lost/stolen passport must be reported to the police and a loss/theft report obtained
- You will need to apply for a replacement passport or an emergency travel document.
Extra visa pages and endorsements
- Extra visa pages or name endorsements can no longer be inserted into passports or travel documents.
Please note: If your passport has insufficient space to insert visas or entry stamps for upcoming travel, you will need to apply for a new passport.
Passport application fees
- Standard (up to 10 working days) NZ$190.00 (KRW170,000)
- Urgent (up to 3 working days) NZ$343.00 (KRW308,000)
- Callout (by appointment only) NZ$701.00 (KRW630,000)
- Adult renewal
- Urgent (up to 3 working days) NZ$337.80 (KRW303,000)
- Callout (by appointment only) NZ$695.50 (KRW625,000)
- Standard (up to 10 working days) NZ$131.70 (KRW119,000)
- Urgent (up to 3 working days) NZ$285.00 (KRW257,000)
- Online (adult renewal) NZ$124.50
- ETD (Emergency Travel Document) NZ$350 (KRW:315,000)
- Return Courier Fee from Wellington to Korea NZ$15 (KRW: 14,000)
Important notice for New Zealanders travelling to USA
All New Zealanders visiting the United States of America (USA) must have a machine readable or E- passport to satisfy the visa waiver requirements. The visa waiver programme means you can enter the USA without a visa for a specified period, subject to the rules of their programme.
To identify a machine readable or e-passport, it will be less than ten years old and will have been issued at Wellington, Sydney or London. All other passports issued at New Zealand Embassies or High Commissions will not be machine readable.
You must register your travel details on-line and obtain an electronic visa from US Immigration before you travel to the USA.