New Zealand Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Driving in Korea

The NZ Transport Agency provides general information for New Zealanders driving overseas.

Most classes of New Zealand drivers licence can be converted to the equivalent Korean driver licence without sitting a test. Please refer to the Korea Road Traffic Authority website for information on how to exchange your licence. The application process requires several documents, including a certified copy of your licence which can be obtained from the Embassy in Seoul.

In order to have your licence certified at the Embassy, you will need to obtain a verification (Certificate of Particulars) from the NZ Transport Agency. You will need to provide your full name, address on the licence, date of birth and licence number. Fees apply. You can apply to the NZ Transport Agency by phone, e-mail, or mail, using the contact details on their website. Phone is recommended. From overseas call +64 6 953 6200.


Of interest

Elections for the United Nations Security Council

Elections for the United Nations Security Council

New Zealand is a candidate for election to the UNSC for the two-year term 2015-16. Read more

United Nations Handbook 2013-14

United Nations Handbook

The UN
Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

Korea Update, Embassy's Quarterly Publication

Korea Update is a quarterly newsletter keeping you informed with what is happening in the land of the morning calm. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealand General Election 2014

The New Zealand General Election will be held on Saturday 20 September 2014. Read more