New Zealand High Commission Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Prime Minister John Key launches Christchurch earthquake appeal
On 27 February Prime Minister John Key launched the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal, a global fundraiser for the recovery effort in the city and the Canterbury region.
Donations can be made at www.christchurchearthquakeappeal.govt.nz, via internet banking, or at any branch of New Zealand's retail banks, by depositing into Westpac Bank account number 03-0251-0039807-00.
The full version of the Prime Minister's statement on the Appeal is available on the Beehive website
This Appeal complements those funds already established within New Zealand, the relevant details of which are as follows:
· Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org.nz/donate
· Salvation Army: Tel 0800 53 00 00 (for calls within NZ)
· ANZ Bank: Account number 01-1839-0188930-00
· National Bank: Account number 06-0869-0548507-00
· Westpac: Account number 03-0207-0617331-00
· ASB Bank: Account number 12-3205-0146808-00
· BNZ Bank: Account number 02-0500-0982004-000
· Kiwibank: Account number 38-9009-0759479-00
A Mayoral Fund has also been set up to accept donations to Christchurch citizens at the following BNZ account: 02-0800-0849758-000.
A condolence book has been opened at the NZHC in Kuala Lumpur and the book is available for signing between 8am - 4pm weekdays.