New Zealand Embassy Mexico City

Student loan payments

The Inland Revenue Department accepts several different methods of payments for student loans. If you are overseas, you may:

  • Send a cheque to Inland Revenue, PO Box 39050, Wellington Mail Centre. Remember to include details of your IRD number, name and contact details and a note that the payment is for your student loan.
  • If you have a New Zealand bank account, use on-line banking to make a payment.
  • Make a credit card payment online at the Inland Revenue Department website. Please note that a fee is applied per transaction by the IRD's bank, Westpac Banking Corporation.
  • Make a telegraphic transfer, which allows you to quickly send money to IRD from an overseas bank (check with the overseas bank to see if there is a fee involved).

For further information about student loan obligations and payment options, including forms, please refer to the Inland Revenue Department website.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.