New Zealand Embassy Mexico City

Visitor, student and work permits for Mexico

New Zealanders are able to visit Mexico for an initial period of three months. This permit may be extended three additional months for a maximum stay of six months, at any branch of the Mexican National Immigration Institute (INM).

For extended stays, you must apply for a temporary or permanent resident visa at the Mexican Embassy in New Zealand before travelling to Mexico. For information on obtaining visitor, student and work permits for Mexico, and any other general immigration enquiries, please contact the Mexican Embassy in New Zealand or the National Immigration Institute. Information about the Mexico-New Zealand Working Holiday Scheme can be found here.

Mexican Embassy in New Zealand
185-187 Featherston St
Level 2 (AMP Chambers)
Ph: +64 4 472 0555

Instituto Nacional de Migración (National Immigration Institute)
Av. Ejército Nacional 862
Col. Los Morales Sección Palmas
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo
C.P. 11540
México D.F.
Ph: (+52 55) 5387 2400

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2014-15

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.