New Zealand Embassy Mexico City
New Zealand and Mexico sign Statement of Intent for the Innovation and Promotion of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Statement of Intent between New Zealand and Mexico for the Innovation and Development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
The Government of New Zealand and the Government of the United Mexican States, hereinafter referred to as the “Participants”;
INSPIRED by the desire to strengthen the ties of friendship and cooperation that exist between the two countries;
WISHING to boost the development of their respective societies by fostering the creative and entrepreneurial spirit of their members;
RECOGNISING the prospects for growth in trade and investment for both countries as partners in the Asia Pacific region;
Have expressed their intention to:
1. Build on the experiences of both countries for the exchange of information and best practices in the conduct of companies and businesses to ensure their sustainability and competitiveness, as well as the development and implementation of innovation-fostering public and private policies that impact on development and consolidation, particularly of Entrepreneurs and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
2. Carry out the necessary actions with the corresponding institutions in their respective countries, so as to strengthen dialogue and cooperation in the field of Innovation and Promotion of Entrepreneurs and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. To this end, the Participants designate the following as contact points:
a. For the Government of the United Mexican States: the Entrepreneur National Institute.
b. For the Government of New Zealand: The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
3. Develop cooperation at the regional and/or sectoral level, including through joint participation in relevant Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) work streams, beginning with sharing material, information, facts and figures, reciprocal visits of experts, holding workshops, seminars and sectoral or thematic working groups, in the terms agreed on by the Participants.
4. Encourage dialogue between the public and private sectors, so as to develop cooperation in different areas, including:
a. Boosting the study and development of public policies aimed at the creation, development and support of high-growth potential businesses;
b. Exchanging information on innovative, non-traditional schemes for the development of high-impact entrepreneurial projects;
c. Exploring the possibility of research projects, the formulation of joint documents and other coordination activities that both Participants identify as feasible and viable for the benefit of specific areas of development;
d. Developing a catalogue of best practices of public policy and practices for Entrepreneurs and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in order to exchange experiences and submit for the consideration of a wider audience the strategies in both countries through meetings, seminars, videoconferences, etc;
e. Sharing policy perspectives on the development of early stage capital markets for high-growth potential Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in New Zealand and the United Mexican States;
f. Fostering the communication existing entrepreneurs networks in New Zealand and between the Entrepreneur National Network of the United Mexican States in order to offer a global perspective to entrepreneurs of both countries.
5. The Participants will meet at a mutually agreed place and time to define the terms and conditions of the document on which the activities to be developed will be based pursuant to this Statement.
Signed in Mexico City on 5th March 2013 in both English and Spanish.