New Zealand Embassy Mexico City
Head of Mission Fund (HOMF)
The Head of Mission Fund (HOMF) is a modest grants scheme that enables the New Zealand Embassy, consistent with its diplomacy objectives, to support activities that manifestly and directly contribute to poverty elimination and meet development needs in recipient countries.
The HOMF supports small-scale development projects and activities. Recipients are generally small non-government organisations and community groups engaged in development activities on a 'not-for-profit' basis. In Latin America, priority is given to activities or projects that:
- promote gender equity and increase women’s participation in development;
- focus on supporting marginalized communities, including persons with disabilites, ethnic minorities, young people and communities in remote areas without access to other support;
- encourage and facilitate the active participation and contribution of the beneficiaries themselves in the identification, design and implementation of the project;
- have clearly specified objectives and a solid implementation plan;
- protect the environment, and
- have a high impact on community development.
In order for a project to be considered for funding, it must meet the selection criteria listed in the Application Form.
Funds are available to assist small non-government organisations and community group development projects in Mexico, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala and Venezuela.
How to apply
Applications for the financial year July 2013/June 2014 have now closed. The Embassy will advise the opening of applications for the financial year July 2014/June 2015 on its website. Application forms may be sought from: NZMexico@mfat.govt.nz.
Applicants should send a completed application form to the New Zealand Embassy in Mexico City and email a copy to NZMexico@mfat.govt.nz (subject: HOMF application 2014 – with Organization Name).
Successful applicants will be expected to agree to the HOMF terms and conditions and to provide the bank information required for transfers. Payments will be made in two installments.