New Zealand Embassy The Hague, The Netherlands
Doing Business in New Zealand
New Zealand has a modern, prosperous and developed market economy. It welcomes foreign investments and has an excellent reputation as a country in which to do business with. In fact, in 2014, New Zealand was voted 3rd out of 183 economies in the world for ease of doing business, (according to the IFC World Bank – Doing Business Report).
As the below dashboard demonstrates New Zealand also ranks high among other countries for the following:
- 2nd on the Corruption Perception Index
- 5th Index of Economic Freedom
- 6th Human Development Index
- 10th on the OECD’s Better Life Index
- Has the 21st Highest GDP Per Capita in the World (putting New Zealand in the top 11% of all countries).
For international investors and business people interested in doing business with New Zealand – visit NZTE.govt.nz – the website of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (the New Zealand government organization for economic development and strengthening of trade): This website will help:
- provide information about New Zealand’s economy and export industries
- help you locate New Zealand companies, products and services
- help you locate New Zealand investment opportunities
- highlight New Zealand participation at international events.
For company’s looking to start, manage and grow their business – visit Business.govt.nz - managed and maintained by the Ministry of Economic Development (MED). The MED are committed to ensuring New Zealand is one of the best places in the world to do business and this website is designed to help support this.
- Here you’ll find business resources, tools and information to help develop and maximise your business.
For New Zealand exporters looking for support in communicating their distinctly kiwi attributes to the world, visit nzstory.govt.nz.
- The New Zealand Story is not a campaign or a tag line; it’s an overarching story that provides other key areas such as tourism, education, investment, immigration and trade, a framework for speaking about New Zealand.
- Drawing on the themes of Open Spaces, Open Hearts, and Open Minds – and three core values, kaitiaki, integrity and resourcefulness, the New Zealand Story toolkit provides a practical set of business resources to help communicate to the world the distinctively kiwi attributes that make them unique.