New Zealand Embassy The Hague, The Netherlands

Lost or Stolen Passports

Lost or stolen New Zealand passports

A Lost or Stolen Passport Declaration Form needs to be completed and forwarded, together with a copy of a police report, to the Passports Office or the New Zealand Embassy (who can pass the information onto the Passports Office). This Form can be downloaded from the Passports Office website, which also has the contact details of Passports Offices.

If you are applying for a replacement passport immediately, the Lost and Stolen Passport Declaration is included in the passport application form.

If you have reported a passport lost or stolen to the Passports Office or the New Zealand Embassy, and the passport is then found, you must not use the passport to travel because it will have been cancelled.

Replacement Passport

New Zealand Passports are issued by the Department of Internal Affairs in either New Zealand, Sydney or London. The New Zealand Embassy in The Hague cannot issue passports.

The Passports Office website contains comprehensive information about how to apply for a passport, the applicable fees and where to send your application. The Passports Office in London offers an urgent service which takes 3 working days plus postage time.

If you have any questions about passports, please email the Department of Internal Affairs, or contact their London office:
Department of Internal Affairs (Passports Office)
New Zealand High Commission
New Zealand House
80 Haymarket
London SW1Y 4TQ
Tel: +44 20 7930 8422

Emergency Travel Documents

The New Zealand Embassy in The Hague may be able to issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) to New Zealand citizens overseas in emergency and compassionate situations to undertake travel or return home where:

  • the person needs to travel;
  • his/her previous New Zealand passport has been lost or stolen; and
  • the person is unable to obtain an urgent passport direct from Department of Internal Affairs' offices in London in sufficient time.

    ETDs have a validity of up to twelve months.

    Processing time for an ETD is up to three working days.

    Note that from 1 July 2009 all holders of ETDs travelling to or transiting through the USA will require a non-immigrant Visa Class B1 or B2 from the United States authorities. B1 and B2 visa applications need to be made at the closest United States Embassy to where the ETD application is submitted.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.