New Zealand Embassy The Hague, The Netherlands

Travel to or through United States of America using an Emergency Travel Document (ETD)

Monday, 10/8/09

From 1 July 2009 all holders of New Zealand Emergency Travel Documents travelling to or transiting through the USA require a non-immigrant visa class B1 or B2 from the USA authorities.

USA Customs and Border Protection may exercise discretion at ports of entry if you are travelling for medical or other emergency reasons but you may be detained for further processing and/or denied admission.

For more information see

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.