New Zealand Consulate-General Noumea, New Caledonia

Consulate services for New Zealanders

Help in an emergency

Staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas but there are some limitations. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Safe Travel website has information about what the embassy staff can and cannot do to help.

Emergency Travel Documents

If your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged, and you need to travel urgently, an Embassy or High Commission may be able to issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD). The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Safe Travel website has details of how and where to apply for an ETD and what documentation you will require.  

Legal and Notarial Services

New Zealand representatives overseas can perform certain legal or notarial acts in accordance with the law of New Zealand eg. the taking of affidavits, affirmations and statutory declarations.

Noumea Consulate-General

This section provides essential information about the services the consular section of the
New Zealand Consulate-General in Noumea provides for New Zealanders undertaking a short- or long-term stay in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna. Before leaving New Zealand, however, we suggest that you consult the Safe Travel website for detailed information on the assistance available to New Zealanders abroad.

We encourage New Zealanders travelling to or residing in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna to register with the New Zealand Consulate-General. This is important during the local cyclone seasons as all three countries have experienced serious cyclones in the past. Please refer to the section on this website called 'Online Registration'.

The New Zealand Consulate-General in Noumea can in no way assist you with obtaining a visa for France or the French Pacific Territories or in modifying your current status.

If you are currently in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna, questions related to modifying your visa status should be directed to the Bureau des Etrangers of your local French High Commission.

If you are in New Zealand, you should contact the visa section of the Embassy of France in Wellington before you leave.

Embassy of France
34-42 Manners Street
Tel: (04) 384 2555 or 802 7791 (visas)
Fax: (04) 384 2577

If you are already in New Caledonia, French Polynesia, or Wallis and Futuna and require information not covered in this website, then please .

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.