New Zealand High Commission Suva, Fiji
New Zealand Pacific Scholarships for Fiji - 2016
The New Zealand Aid Programme invites applications from Fiji citizens for postgraduate study awards at New Zealand institutions for study in 2016.
Do you want to study in New Zealand?
We are offering up to ten New Zealand Pacific Scholarship study awards for study in New Zealand in 2016 at Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate levels.
Who is eligible
You must be a citizen of Fiji and have been residing in Fiji for at least 2 years, and must hold a recognised bachelor degree relevant to the proposed postgraduate study award. Selection will be on the basis of strong academic merit, relevance of the proposed study to the human resource development priorities of Fiji and leadership potential.
The Fiji human resource priorities include:
Agriculture Development (including Forestry):
- Agri-business management, agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, domestic supply chains and distribution
- Biology, vegetable production, livestock/animal husbandry, crop management, aquaculture, agricultural pest management
- Forestry, fisheries
- Phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade,
- Food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
Finance and Economics:
- Public policy and management, development economics, international economics and finance
- Economics/applied economics, business finance, commerce.
Disaster Risk Management:
- Disaster response, emergency management,
- Hazard assessment and management, natural resource management, environmental management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Climate change adaptation, land planning & development
- Health, public health, health administration, rural health services, health leadership, health policy
- Rural basic education, early childhood, primary and secondary education, disability education
- Education administration, education management and leadership, education planning and curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education planning, education research, special education, teacher training and upskilling
How do I apply?
NZPS awards are being offered at nominated institutions in New Zealand. Application forms and the list of the selected tertiary institutions are available from the New Zealand High Commission Office on Level 10, Reserve Bank Building, Pratt Street, Suva or from our websites at http://www.nzembassy.com/fiji and http://www.aid.govt.nz/
All applications must be received in hard copy (1 original and 1 copy) at the New Zealand High Commission by 4.30pm on Monday 25th May 2015. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Did I get an award?
Shortlisted applicants will be notified in June when their applications will be forwarded to NZ institutions for placement. Please note that only successful applicants will be notified.
All enquiries are to be made to the New Zealand High Commission Office during official operating hours from 8.00am – 4.30pm on Monday to Friday. Telephone contacts are 331 1422 or 331 1448 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org
|New Zealand Scholarships Application Form.pdf|