Working in New Zealand

Working Holiday Visa Requirements

Information on the Working Holiday Scheme for Japanese applicants is available in on the Immigration New Zealand website in English.

Paying tax in Australia

Tax File Number

New Zealanders working in Australia need to get a Tax File number (TFN) and pay Australian tax. Without a TFN an employer will withhold tax at the maximum rate plus the Medicare levy. Registration forms for a TFN may be obtained from the Australian Taxation Office.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2014-15

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.