New Zealand High Commission Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
The New Zealand High Commission in Port Moresby is recruiting for the position of Executive Assistant. If this role sounds like you, please either download the application form and full position description or obtain copies from the New Zealand High Commission. The New Zealand High Commission is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities who meet the job criteria are also encouraged to apply. All appointments are subject to security screening and reference checks. Entitlement to work in Papua New Guinea is essential.
Executive Assistant - will be responsible for providing administrative support to the High Commissioner, as well as other staff.
Applicants for the Executive Assistant role must be able to obtain and maintain a New Zealand Government security clearance and have:
- Five to six years’ previous successful experience in a secretarial or administration support role to a manager and/or team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in both English and the local language);
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills;
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure;
- Ability to work autonomously and within guidelines, demonstrating the use of sound judgement;
- Personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach;
- A current PNG driver’s licence.
How to Apply
Submit your Application Form, detailed CV and a short covering letter. You can email it to NZHCPMY@mfat.govt.nz or post it to the
New Zealand High Commission, Section 351 Lot 2 Magani Cres, PO BOX 1051, Waigani, NCD, Port Moresby, PNG.
Close-off date: 30 June 2014
Short-listing: Only those short-listed will be contacted directly.