New Zealand High Commission Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Office Administrator to NZ Defence Adviser
The New Zealand Defence Force in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea is seeking an Office Administrator who is responsible for providing general administration and personal assistance to the New Zealand Defence Adviser and New Zealand Defence Technical Adviser with support to help ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- three to five years’ experience in an administration role
- a high level of numeracy and analytical skills
- a high level of computer literacy (MS Office and Internet) and a strong understanding of IT systems – both hardware and software especially Microsoft Office applications and document backup and security
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- high attention to detail and thoroughness
- the ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work cooperatively and supportively in a team environment
- interpersonal skills with a strong focus on delivering results
- strong organisational skills, initiative and an ability to manage competing demands
- honesty, discretion and integrity
Applicant also needs to hold a commonwealth passport and the ability to gain and maintain New Zealand Government Security Clearance.
The successful applicant will be employed on local terms and conditions and must have the right to work in Papua New Guinea. Obtaining and maintaining the appropriate working visa is the responsibility of the applicant and any offer of employment is subject to this. If applicable, relocation to Papua New Guinea is to be undertaken at the expense of the applicant.
This position is available with effect as of 12th August 2013
To apply for this position please complete an application form and include a covering letter (of no more than two pages, setting out why you are applying for the position and examples of how you meet the job criteria) and curriculum vitae (of no more than five pages), in English, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 27 June 2013.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade carries a list of all job vacancies in Wellington and at its overseas posts.