New Zealand Embassy Manila, The Philippines

Driving in the Philippines

Vehicles in the Philippines drive on the right side of the road, i.e. cars have the steering wheel on the left-hand side.

If you plan to be in the Philippines for more than 90 days and plan to drive a vehicle, you will need a Philippine driver’s licence. Foreign licences are acceptable for drivers staying here for shorter periods of time.

If you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence you will need the following to obtain a Philippine driver’s licence:

  • The original foreign licence plus a photocopy.
  • If you need a professional licence, or if your New Zealand licence is expired when you make the application, you will have to take both a written examination and a road test.
  • A completed application form.

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) issues all drivers’ licences. Offices are located throughout the country. When you apply the LTO will give you a receipt that will serve as your temporary licence for 60 days while your permanent license is being issue. For more information visit the Land Transportation Office.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more | NZ Inc ASEAN strategy

NZ Inc ASEAN strategy

This regional Strategy outlines how New Zealand and ASEAN will become better connected. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.