New Zealand Embassy Warsaw, Poland
In an Emergency
How We Can Assist
This Embassy is able to provide assistance and guidance to any New Zealander in serious distress (for example, if you have been involved in an accident, been hospitalised, arrested and detained, or you have lost your passport) in Poland. The numbers to call are:
Monday to Thursday, 9.00am - 5.30pm, & Fridays 9.00am - 4.30pm:
From within Poland – 022 521 0500
From outside Poland - +48 22 5210500.
After Hours (mobile phone):
From within Poland – 0604 600730
From outside Poland - +48 0604 600730.
What We Cannot Do
- pay your hotel, travel or other bills, legal or medical expenses, or costs of returning a body to New Zealand
- give you legal advice, investigate a crime or get you out of prison
- get you better conditions in prison or hospital than a local citizen would receive
- provide you with financial assistance, except in a real emergency and subject to very strict conditions
- operate a personal mail service for you or store your belongings
- become involved in civil disputes.
See also the travel advisory section of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Safe Travel website for detailed information on the assistance that is available to New Zealanders overseas.