New Zealand Embassy Warsaw, Poland

Getting married in Poland

A foreigner wishing to marry a Polish citizen on Polish territory requires the following documents:

  • Birth certificate – Must be translated by a sworn translator ( Polish authorities require that the sworn translation is issued within 3 months of presenting)
  • Certificate of No Impediment – this should include the following information:
    Full name, Date of birth, Address, Marital status, Father’s full name, Mothers full name and her maiden name
  • Passport
  • 4. Certificate of Registration (for permanent residents)
  • If you do not speak Polish , a sworn translator MUST be present during the wedding ceremony

The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs website has a useful section about getting married overseas.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2014-15

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Elections for the United Nations Security Council

Elections for the United Nations Security Council

New Zealand is a candidate for election to the UNSC for the two-year term 2015-16. Read more

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.