New Zealand Embassy Warsaw, Poland

A New Zealander & planning to travel to or transit the USA?

Thursday, 15/1/09

The United States has introduced a new electronic visa waiver system that will come into force on 12 January 2009. From this date, all New Zealand passport holders travelling to the US under the "visa waiver programme" must obtain an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA) prior to boarding a US-bound air or sea carrier. This can be done via an automated online system which determines whether visitors are eligible to travle to the US under the visa waiver programme. Passengers transiting the US en route to another destination will also require either an ESTA or a visa.

For further information about the new travel authorisation for the United States see Follow the instructions to submit an on-line application for an automatic travel authorisation. If the application fails, travellers will need to contact their nearest US Consulate to obtain a visa.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.