New Zealand Embassy Warsaw, Poland
Funding opportunity- science cooperation with New Zealand
The New Zealand Government is pleased to announce the availability of a one-off funding opportunity for enhancing science linkages between New Zealand and Europe, through Poland.
Funding is available to support a Polish researcher to undertake a study visist to New Zealand. The funding is aimed at strengthening cooperation at the researcher-to-researcher level, leading to an enhanced relationship between New Zealand, Poland and the European Union.
The succesful application will have the following attributes:
- The researcher or research project will fall within one of the New Zealand-EU priorities for enhanced cooperation
- Information and communication technologies
- Environmental (includig Climate change) research
- Energy research or biotechnology
- Agriculture and fisheries
- The researcher will already be actively engaged in EU collaboration and participates in an EU wide research network.
- The researcher will already have a collaborative relationship with a New Zealand partner, or will have a concrete planned cooperation involving an identified New zealand partner
- The visit to New Zealand will be undertaken before June 2010. A maximum of three weeks will be spent in New Zealand. Airfares, accommodation and per diems will be funded by the New Zealand Government and will be reimbursed upon the receipt of a report (no longer than one month after the activity) which outlines the activities undertaken and the outcomes arising from the visit.
Interested applicants should submit their proposals by 14 February 2010 to the New Zealand Embassy in Warsaw. The proposals should be in the form of a letter (in English) which outlines the following:
- The applicant's contact details, position and institution in Poland;
- A description on how the applicant fulfils the above attributes;
- the nature of the activity that will be undertaken in New Zealand;and
- Expected benefits and outcomes arising from the New Zealand visit.
The proposals should also be accompanied by an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, a letter of endorsement from the lead New Zealand partner and the host institution.
Notification of the outcome of the successful application will occur no later than one month following the date of submission.
For any questions relating to this funding opportunity please contact: Joanna Darmos at the New Zealand Embassy in Warsaw, email@example.com, +48 22 521 0511