New Zealand Embassy, Moscow, Russian Federation
New Zealand debuts at Agrofarm 2014
New Zealand made its debut at Agrofarm 2014, with a stand showcasing eight leading edge agribusiness companies.
New Zealand’s presence at the show is significant as 2014 also marks the 70th anniversary of diplomatic relations between New Zealand and Russia.
New Zealand’s reputation as a leading global food producer is due to its strength and leadership in pastoral farming. The small Southern Hemisphere nation is known for its low cost and efficient conversion of pasture to protein, and the systems that surround it — from food safety to processing and logistics.
As a result, agricultural technologies developed in New Zealand are now helping other countries improve farming practices and deliver higher yields and greater consistency in farming outcomes.
New Zealand companies are keen to form partnerships with Russian farmers and companies in order to share knowledge and agri-technologies with the aim of increasing Russia's beef, sheep and dairy production.
The New Zealand companies exhibiting on the New Zealand stand (Stand E5) were:
- Shoof International Ltd (http://www.shoof.co.nz/) is an exporter of agricultural and veterinary equipment.
- Zee Tags (http://www.zeetags.co.nz/) provides livestock identification tags and applicator devices, designed to meet market requirements and country specific official programmes.
- Tru-Test (http://group.tru-test.com/) is the worlds’ leading manufacturer of livestock weigh scale indicators and milk metering equipment.
- AMG Pastoral Ltd (http://www.amgpastoral.co.nz/) provides feasibility studies and management for the conversion of non-productive land into finely tuned dairy farms.
- New Zealand Pump Company (www.nzpump.com) provides pumps to eliminate wastage of dairy farm chemicals and make chemical usage safer while improving efficiencies and costs.
- ISL Animal Health (http://www.islanimalhealth.com/) provides high quality, reliable and durable animal health applicators including devices to administer pour-ons, oral drenches, bottle mounted vaccinators, injectors etc.
- Aitchison (http://www.reesegroup.co.nz/Aitchison/about.html) manufacture an extensive range of seed/fertiliser drills.
- Gallagher Group Ltd (http://www.gallagher.co.nz.nz) offers animal management identification, electric fencing systems, integrated security systems and specialised plastic products support to increase farm efficiency.
For more information about New Zealand’s presence at Agrofarm please contact Mikhail Sobolev on firstname.lastname@example.org.