Team Administrator (Finance)
The New Zealand High Commission is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic financial administrator to join our team. As Team Administrator (Finance) you will be responsible for the daily operation of the High Commission’s financial systems. You will support the Administration Manager with financial reporting and analysis to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office. This is a permanent locally-employed staff position.
- Budget and cash flow preparation and monitoring, including financial reporting
Undertake day-to-day accounting functions such as:
- Preparing invoices and ensuring all payments are made and are accurate and approved.
- Act as receiving and banking officer and administer cash and bank accounts.
- Manage the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) accounting system entries, generate FMIS payment / revenue summaries and maintain the FMIS database.
- Manage all end of month financial procedures, including monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist the Administration Manager to provide financial reporting to High Commission management.
- Provide support in the general administration services of the High Commission.
Applicants should meet the follow criteria:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification, and substantial experience in financial management and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience of finance functions, processes and accounting software in an office environment.
- Proven numeracy and basic analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in following through tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work within a team.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure.
- Possess a strong achievement/delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be a person of good character, high integrity and honesty.
A position description and application form are available below. Alternatively contact Mark Vickers (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel: 23359 for enquiries.
Applications should include a covering letter and a curriculum vitae (resume).
Applications close at 4.30pm on Monday 28 July 2014.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade carries a list of all job vacancies in Wellington and at its overseas posts.
|Team Administrator Finance Application Form 15 7 14.docx|
|API- Team Administrator Finance Position Description 7 7 14.pdf|