New Zealand High Commission Apia, Samoa
Team Administrator (Finance)
The New Zealand High Commission is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic financial administrator to join our team. As Team Administrator (Finance) you will be responsible for the daily operation of the High Commission’s financial systems. You will support the Administration Manager with financial reporting and analysis to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office. This is a permanent locally-employed staff position.
- Annual Budgets and monthly cash-flow preparation and analysis
Undertake day-to-day accounting functions using Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS), including the following:
- Accounts payable and receivable functions; preparing invoices and ensuring all payments are promptly processed following established guidelines
- Complete weekly bankings including bank accounts reconciliations as well as administering petty cash
- Manage all end of month financial procedures
- Fortnightly payroll processing, including filing statutory returns and monitoring staff entitlements
- Assist the Administration Manager to provide monthly financial and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Provide support in the general administration services of the High Commission.
Applicants should meet the follow criteria:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification, and substantial experience in financial management and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience of finance functions, processes and accounting software in an office environment.
- Proven numeracy and basic analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in following through tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work within a team.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure.
- Possess a strong achievement/delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be a person of good character, high integrity and honesty.
This position has been recently advertised. If you applied previously and are still interested please reapply.
The position description and application form are available below or contact Mark Vickers (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel: 23359 for enquiries.
Applications should include the application form, a covering letter and a curriculum vitae (resume).
Applications close at 4.30pm on 30 September 2014.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade carries a list of all job vacancies in Wellington and at its overseas posts.