New Zealand Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Lost or stolen passports

The first thing you should do if your New Zealand passport has been lost or stolen is report it immediately to the local police and obtain a police report.

The Embassy can issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) only for New Zealanders who do not have a valid passport and need to undertake urgent travel.

The ETD can normally be processed within two working days. If you live outside Riyadh, delivery time to and from the Embassy will need to be taken into consideration.

Application forms with instructions can be downloaded from the DIA website.

Please note: As of 1 July 2009 all holders of New Zealand ETDs travelling to or transiting through the USA will require a non-immigrant Visa, Class B1 or B2. B1 or B2 visa applications need to be made at the closest Embassy of the United States of America. Details about this requirement can be found on the New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs website and the United States of America Customs and Border Protection website.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.