New Zealand High Commission Honiara, Solomon Islands
The New Zealand High Commission is seeking an experienced and skilled Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative support to the High Commission. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive support to the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner and general administration support to the post to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the office.
- Provision of executive administration services
- Diary management and meeting coordination
- Visits and events management
- General administration support
Applicants must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Five to six years’ previous proven successful experience in a secretarial or administration support role to a senior manager and/or team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English and Pijin);
- Excellent numeracy skills;
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use new databases;
- Attention to detail, and ability to prioritise and complete tasks;
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills;
- Ability to build effective relationships and work within a team;
- Strong customer focus and ability to show and use initiative; and
- Ability to anticipate issues and problems and think of creative solutions;
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances is desirable
A detailed job description is available here.
Applicants should submit their CV with cover letter to the New Zealand High Commission email@example.com by 12 pm 18 July 2014.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade carries a list of all job vacancies in Wellington and at its overseas posts.